Friday, December 30, 2016

Goodbye 2016 and Welcome to 2017

         Wishing you all a Happy and Colourful New Year 2017!!!

2016!!! What a year, life went on super duper busy during this year though i have been enjoying some major changes happened in my personnal life and in my professional life. 2016, this year started with a Dilemma for me, i was like whether to write an exam to enter into a government job or to keep up the oldie goldie job in Child care. But nothing is predictable in life na, i finished brilliantly the entrance exam with writing and oral test in front of 8 juries. All happened very much quickly and i got a new full time job in a school. Obviously its been 5 months, my life was like roller coaster, i have been juggling between my work, home and blogging. However i have been constantly blogging. Thanking god for it, for giving me some force to cook and prepare the blogposts during weekends.

Am keeping myself busy in blogging either by posting thrice a week or atleast posting from 12-15 posts a month. Not to forget that i have blogged successfully two whole months of Mega marathon with two different themes during this year which was quite a challenge for me.

If you are interested to know what i cooked for Blogging Mega Marathon do check the links below:

April 2016 : Journey through the cuisine with 26 days of French cuisine in Alphabetical order as theme.

September 2016 : Cooking Carnival with 5 beans for 5 weeks as theme.

I kick started 2016 with a super healthy fingerlicking Gravy with Mixed Herbs, which i cooked up during my trip in India. I have posted 206 posts during this year and now my blog counts 3345 posts.

I have won few contests this year too especially from Better Butter.

Am so happy to say that i got an immense chance to meet two wonderful food bloggers Jeyashri and Raji who travelled all the way from Singaport to Paris to meet me. Whatelse a blogger need.

Let's take a glimpse of my top recipes with highest views i have posted during this whole year:

January: Deep Fried Snickers Bars


February: Paneer Biriyani 


March: Easter Special Hot Cross Buns 


April: Gai Mei Bao - Chinese Coconut Buns 


Mai: Key Shaped Yeast Bread


June: Paneer Kalimirch


July: Eggless Checkerboard Dinner Rolls


August: Pain d'Epi


September: Garlic & Cheese Black Bean Pull Apart Bread/Black Bean Monkey Bread


October: Chinese Pan Fried Baozi Buns/Chicken & Carrot Panfried Baozi & Boondi Pak




November: Tawa Noodles with Banana Stem


December : Chestnut Smoothie Bowl & Christmas Tree Patterned Swiss Roll Cake



Hope you enjoyed this post and am very thankful to each and everyone for being part of my blogging world, nothing is possible without you all.

Sending this post to Srivalli's Best of Year 2016.

My cooking resolution of 2017 is going to be blogging every week atleast twice a week, yes believe me am so skeptical about blogging nowadays as my professional life is very much busy.

4 comments:

Sowmya :) said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely to read your year in review, Priya. Good luck with your new job and keep blogging!

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

Priya nothing is impossible for you..even with the new job you have managed to do an excellent work here..All the best and I know you will be doing BM so don't worry about twice a week fact..:)

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

Happy New Year to you and your family. That's a lovely recap of 2016. I wish 2017 brings all good things to you. Looking forward to your amazing recipes in the new year.

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

Super recap..Priya you are a pro and I simply admire your work..Looking forward to such innovative recipes..a very Happy New Year to you .